El Greco (Domenikos Theotokopoulos)|
El Greco (painter)
Greek, 1541 - 1614
Madonna and Child with Saint Martina and Saint Agnes, 1597/1599
oil on canvas, wooden strip added at bottom
overall: 193.5 x 103 cm (76 3/16 x 40 9/16 in.) framed: 221 x 136.5 x 12.1 cm (87 x 53 3/4 x 4 3/4 in.)
Object 2 of 8
- Loan Exhibition of Paintings by El Greco and Goya, M. Knoedler & Co., Inc., New York, 1915, 38, no. 36.
- Zapadnoevropeiskaia i Amerikanskaia zhivopis is muzeev ssha [West European and American Painting from the Museums of USA], State Hermitage Museum, Leningrad; State Pushkin Museum, Moscow; State Museums, Kiev and Minsk, 1976, unpaginated and unnumbered.
- El Greco of Toledo, The Toledo [Ohio] Museum of Art; Prado, Madrid; National Gallery of Art, Washington; Dallas Museum of Fine Arts, 1982-1983, 167, 241-242, 260, no. 31, pls. 49, 50.
- El Greco Exhibition, The National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo; Nara Prefectural Museum of Art; Aichi Art Gallery, Nagoya, 1986-1987, 195, no. 25, pl. 25.
- El Greco: The Illumination and Quickening of the Spirit, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; The National Gallery, London, 2003-2004, no. 39, repro., as The Virgin and Child with Saints Martina (or Thecla?) and Agnes (shown only in New York).
- El Greco in the National Gallery of Art and Washington-Area Collections: A 400th Anniversary Celebration, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2014-2015, no catalogue.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|