Master of the Osservanza (Sano di Pietro?)|
Master of the Osservanza (painter)
Sienese, active late 1420s - early 1440s
Sano di Pietro (painter)
Sienese, 1405 - 1481
Saint Anthony Distributing His Wealth to the Poor, c. 1430/1435
tempera on panel
painted surface: 46.4 x 33.6 cm (18 1/4 x 13 1/4 in.) overall size: 47.3 x 34.8 cm (18 5/8 x 13 11/16 in.) framed: 61.6 x 125.4 x 7.6 cm (24 1/4 x 49 3/8 x 3 in.)
Samuel H. Kress Collection
Object 9 of 10
- Masterpieces of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture from 1300-1800, New York World's Fair, 1939, no. 347, repro., as St. Anthony distributes his Money to the Poor by Sassetta.
- Golden Gate International Exposition, Palace of Fine Arts, San Francisco, 1940, no. 119, repro., as St. Anthony Distributes His Money to the Poor by Sassetta.
- Recent Additions to the Kress Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no. 817, as by Sassetta.
- Painting in Renaissance Siena, 1420-1500, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1988-1989, no. 10b, repro., as Saint Anthony Distributing His Wealth by the Master of the Osservanza.
- Da Jacopo della Quercia a Donatello. Le Arti a Siena nel Primo Rinascimento, Complesso Museale Santa Maria della Scala, Siena, 2010, no. C.34b, repro.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|