Pensionante del Saraceni (painter)|
French (?), active c. 1610/1620
Still Life with Fruit and Carafe, c. 1610/1620
oil on canvas
overall: 50.4 x 71.6 cm (19 13/16 x 28 3/16 in.) framed: 71.1 x 92.1 x 5.4 cm (28 x 36 1/4 x 2 1/8 in.)
Samuel H. Kress Collection
Not on View
Object 1 of 6
- The Painters of Still Life, Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, 1938, no. 3, repro., as by Caravaggio.
- Masterpieces of Art. European Paintings and Sculpture from 1300-1800, New York World's Fair, 1939, no. 34; Official Guide and Picture Book, no. 66, repro., as by Caravaggio.
- France in the Golden Age: Seventeenth-Century French Paintings in American Collections, Galeries nationales du Grand Palais, Paris; The Metropolitan Mus. of Art, New York; Art Institute of Chicago, 1982, no. 81, repro., as by Pensionante del Sarceni.
- Italian Still Life Paintings from Three Centuries, National Academy of Design, New York; Philbrook Art Center, Tulsa; Dayton Art Institute, 1983, no. 11, color repro., as by Pensionante del Saraceni (cat. by John Spike).
- The Age of Caravaggio, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; Museo e Gallerie Nazionali di Capodimonte, Naples, 1985, no. 48, repro., as by Pensionante del Saraceni.
- The Grand Tour: The Tradition of Patronage in Southern Art Museums, Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts, Alabama, 1988-1989, no. 62, color repro., as by Pensionante del Saraceni.
- La natura morta al tempo di Caravaggio, Musei Capitolini, Rome; Fondazione "Arte e Civiltà", Milan, 1995-1996, no. 46, repro.
- The Genius of Rome 1592-1623, Royal Academy of Arts, London; Museo del Palazzo di Venezia, Rome, 2001, no. 20, repro.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|