Franco-Flemish 15th Century (painter)|
Profile Portrait of a Lady, c. 1410
oil on panel
painted surface: 52 x 36.6 cm (20 1/2 x 14 7/16 in.) overall (panel): 53 x 37.6 cm (20 7/8 x 14 13/16 in.) framed: 74.1 x 61.3 x 5.4 cm (29 3/16 x 24 1/8 x 2 1/8 in.)
Andrew W. Mellon Collection
Object 1 of 9
- Loan to display with permanent collection, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1922.
- Loan Exhibition of Important Early Italian Paintings in the Possession of Notable American Collectors, Duveen Brothers, New York, 1924, no. 17, as by Pisanello (no. 38, as by Antonio Pisano, in illustrated 1926 version of catalogue).
- Fifteenth Century Portraits, M. Knoedler & Co. Inc., New York, 1935, no. I, as Isotta degli Atti, wife of Sigismondo Malatesta da Rimini by Pisanello.
- Virtue and Beauty: Leonardo's 'Ginevra de' Benci' and Renaissance Portraits of Women, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2001-2002, no. 1, color repro.
- The Art of Illumination: The Limbourg Brothers and the Belles Heures of Jean de France, Duc de Berry, The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles (2008-2009); The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 2010, not in cat. (shown only in New York).
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|