Fra Angelico and Fra Filippo Lippi|
Fra Angelico (painter)
Florentine, c. 1395 - 1455
Fra Filippo Lippi (painter)
Florentine, c. 1406 - 1469
The Adoration of the Magi, c. 1440/1460
tempera on panel
overall (diameter): 137.3 cm (54 1/16 in.) framed: 188 x 171.5 x 12.7 cm (74 x 67 1/2 x 5 in.)
Samuel H. Kress Collection
Object 4 of 8
- Possibly National Exhibition of Works of Art, Leeds, 1868, no. 7 or no. 17.
- Exhibition of Works by the Old Masters. Winter Exhibition, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1875, no. 184, as The Adoration of the Infant Savior by Fra Filippo Lippi.
- National Loan Exhibition, Grafton Galleries, London, 1909-1910, no. 68, repro., as by Fra Filippo Lippi.
- Exhibition of Florentine Painting Before 1500, Burlington Fine Arts Club, London, 1919, no. 26 as by Fra Filippo Lippi (no. 26 and pl. XXVI in illustrated catalogue published 1920).
- Exhibition of Italian Art 1200-1900, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1930, no. 93, as by Fra Filippo Lippi (no. 106 and pl. XXXVIII in commemorative catalogue published 1931; no. 35 in souvenir catalogue).
- Masterpieces from the Cook Collection, Toledo Museum of Art, Ohio, 1944-1945, no. 16 (Cook collection catalogue number), repro., as by Filippo Lippi.
- Masterpieces of the Cook Collection, Art Gallery of Toronto (now Art Gallery of Ontario); National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa, 1945, no cat.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|