François Clouet (artist)|
French, before 1520 - 1572
A Lady in Her Bath, c. 1571
oil on oak
overall: 92.3 x 81.2 cm (36 5/16 x 31 15/16 in.)
Samuel H. Kress Collection
Object 8 of 8
- Fair Women [Summer Exhibition], Grafton Galleries, London, 1894, no. 20, as Portrait of Diane de Poitiers, Duchesse de Valentinois.
- Exposition des primitifs français, Palais du Louvre and Bibliothèque Nationale, Paris, 1904, no. 226, as Portrait d'une dame au bain by François Quesnel?
- Exhibition of Old Masters in Aid of the National Art Collections Fund, Grafton Galleries, London, 1911, no. 85, repro. as Portrait of Diane de Poitiers.
- Exhibition of French Art 1200-1900, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1932, no. 53, repro., as Dame au Bain.
- Masterpieces from the Cook Collection, Toledo Museum of Art, Ohio, 1944-1945, no. 426, repro., as Portrait of Diane de Poitiers.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, The Fitzwilliam Museum, Univerity of Cambridge, England, 1947-1954.
|«||back to gallery|