Jean Siméon Chardin (artist)|
French, 1699 - 1779
Still Life with Game, probably 1750s
oil on canvas
overall: 49.6 x 59.4 cm (19 1/2 x 23 3/8 in.) framed: 72.2 x 82.1 x 8.3 cm (28 7/16 x 32 5/16 x 3 1/4 in.)
Samuel H. Kress Collection
Object 2 of 11
- Paintings from the David-Weill Collection, Wildenstein & Co., Inc., New York, 1937, no. 5, as Nature Morte.
- The Great Tradition of French Painting, Wildenstein & Co., Inc., New York, 1939, no. 18, as The Pheasant.
- Chardin 1699-1779, Grand Palais, Paris; Cleveland Museum of Art; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1979, no. 99, repro.
- Chardin, Galeries nationales du Grand Palais, Paris; Kunstmuseum Düsseldorf; Royal Academy of Arts, London; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1999-2000, no. 71, repro., as Two Rabbits, a Pheasant and a Seville Orange on a Stone Ledge.
- Anne Vallayer-Coster: Painter to the Court of Marie-Antoinette, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Dallas Museum of Art; The Frick Collection, New York, 2002-2003, no. B, pl. 82 (shown only in Washington and Dallas).
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|