Joseph Mallord William Turner (artist)|
British, 1775 - 1851
The Dogana and Santa Maria della Salute, Venice, 1843
oil on canvas
overall: 62 x 93 cm (24 7/16 x 36 5/8 in.) framed: 86 x 116.5 cm (33 7/8 x 45 7/8 in.)
Given in memory of Governor Alvan T. Fuller by The Fuller Foundation, Inc.
Not on View
Object 9 of 11
- Modern Works of Art, Birmingham Society of Artists, Athenaeum, Temple Row, Birmingham, 1843, no. 54.
- Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1843, no. 144.
- Loan Collection of Pictures and Drawings by J.M.W. Turner, R.A., City Museum and Art Gallery, Birmingham, 1899, no. 7.
- Twenty Masterpieces of the English School, Thos. Agnew & Sons, Ltd., 1899, no. 19.
- Society of American Collectors Comparative Exhibition of Native and Foreign Art, American Fine Arts Society Galleries, 1904, no. 165, as Venice, the Dogana and Santa Maria della Salute.
- Exhibition of Paintings Loaned by Governor Alvan T. Fuller, Art Club, Boston, 1928, no. 46.
- Paintings Drawings Prints from Private Collections in New England, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1939, no. 133, pl. 65.
- Paintings Drawings and Prints by J.M.W. Turner, John Constable, R.P. Bonington, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1946, no. 17.
- A Memorial Exhibition of the Collection of the Honorable Alvan T. Fuller, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1959, no. 33, repro.
- Turner 1775-1851, Royal Academy of Arts, London, 1974-1975, no. 533, color repro.
- Turner, National Museum of Western Art, Tokyo; Municipal Museum, Kyoto, 1986, no. 50, color repro.
- Discerning Tastes: Montreal Collectors 1880-1920, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, 1989-1990, 156-160, no. 57.
- The Art of Seeing: John Ruskin and the Victorian Eye, Phoenix Art Museum; Indianapolis Art Museum, 1993, fig. 22.
- Joseph Mallord William Turner, Kunstforum Wien, Vienna, 1997, no. 93, repro.
- Loan for display with permanent collection, Cincinnati Art Museum, 2002-2003.
- Turner: The Late Seascapes, Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Williamstown; Manchester Art Gallery; The Burrell Collection, Glasgow, 2003-2004, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 82, repro. (shown only in Manchester and Glasgow).
- Venice: From Canaletto and Turner to Monet, Fondation Beyeler, Basel, 2008-2009, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- La Serenissima : Eighteenth-Ventury Venetian Art from North American Collections, Oklahoma City Museum of Art, 2010-2011, no. 50, repro.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|