Gilbert Stuart (painter)|
American, 1755 - 1828
Catherine Brass Yates (Mrs. Richard Yates), 1793/1794
oil on canvas
overall: 76.2 x 63.5 cm (30 x 25 in.) framed: 99.1 x 85.7 cm (39 x 33 3/4 in.)
Andrew W. Mellon Collection
Not on View
Object 1 of 5
- Portraits Painted in the United States by Early American Artists, The Union League Club, New York, February 1922, no. 2.
- Portraits by Early American Artists of the Seventeenth, Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries, Collected by Thomas B. Clarke, Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1928-1931, unnumbered and unpaginated catalogue.
- Trois Siècles d'Art aux Etats-Unis, Musée du Jeu de Paume, Paris, 1938, no. 165, pl. 4.
- Life in America [A Special Loan Exhibition of Paintings Held During the Period of the New York World's Fair], The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1939, no. 53, repro.
- Art of the United Nations, Art Institute of Chicago, 1944-1945, p. 46
- Old and New England, Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, 1945, no. 60
- American Painting from the Eighteenth Century to the Present Day, Tate Gallery, London, 1946, no. 207
- 40 Masterpieces: A Loan Exhibition of Paintings from American Museums, City Art Museum of St. Louis, 1947, no. 36
- Diamond Jubilee Exhibition: Masterpieces of Painting, Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1950-1951, no. 59
- Fifty Paintings by Old Masters, Art Gallery of Toronto, 1950, no. 44
- Landmarks in American Art: 1670-1950, Wildenstein and Co., Inc., New York, 1953, no. 7
- Painters' Painters, Buffalo Fine Arts Academy, Albright Art Gallery, Buffalo, 1954, no. 19
- Face of America, The History of Portraiture in the United States, Brooklyn Museum, 1957-1958, no. 25
- Treasures in America, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, 1961, p. 94
- Carolina Charter Tercentenary Exhibition, North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, 1963, no. 32
- 200 Years of American Painting, City Art Museum of St. Louis, 1964, p. 6
- Gilbert Stuart, Portraitist of the Young Republic 1755-1828, National Gallery of Art; Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, 1967, no. 19
- American Art: 1750-1800 Towards Independence, Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven; The Victoria and Albert Museum, London, 1976, no. 46
- La Pintura de Los Estados Unidos de Museos de la Ciudad de Washington, Museo del Palacio de Bellas Artes, Mexico City, 1980-1981, no. 5, color repro.
- Gilbert Stuart, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; National Gallery of Art (for the National Portrait Gallery), Washington, D.C., 2004-2005, no. 28, repro.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|