Gilbert Stuart (artist)|
American, 1755 - 1828
John Jay, 1794
oil on canvas
overall: 131 x 102 cm (51 9/16 x 40 3/16 in.) framed: 164.5 x 135.9 x 11.1 cm (64 3/4 x 53 1/2 x 4 3/8 in.)
Gift (Partial and Promised) of the Jay Family
Object 2 of 5
- [exhibition], Boston Athenaeum, 1832.
- Loan Exhibition of Historical Portraits and Relics (part of the Centennial Celebration of the Inauguration of George Washington as First President of the United States), Metropolitan Opera House, New York, 1889, no. 120.
- Loan Collection of Paintings by Early American Artists, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1895-1896.
- Life in America. A Special Loan Exhibition of Paintings held during the period of the New York World's Fair, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1939, no. 49, repro.
- Loan to display with permanent collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1951-2009.
- Alexander Hamilton Bicenntenial Exhibition, U.S. Department of Treasury, Washington, D.C., 1957.
- Gilbert Stuart: Portraitist of the Young Republic, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence; The Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1967, no. 25.
- Gilbert Stuart, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; National Gallery of Art (for the National Portrait Gallery), Washington, D.C., 2004-2005, no. 32, repro.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|