Winslow Homer (artist)|
American, 1836 - 1910
Hound and Hunter, 1892
oil on canvas
overall: 71.8 x 122.3 cm (28 1/4 x 48 1/8 in.) framed: 102.2 x 151.8 x 10.2 cm (40 1/4 x 59 3/4 x 4 in.)
Gift of Stephen C. Clark
Not on View
Object 7 of 8
- Exhibition of Old Master and Modern Paintings...Loan Collection, The Union League Club, New York, 1892, as In the Adirondacks.
- World's Columbian Exposition, Chicago, 1892, no. 574 (in the Official Catalogue) and no. 1118 (in the Revised Catalogue).
- Fifth Annual Exhibition, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh, 1900-1901, no. 120.
- Sixty-fifth Exhibition, Oil Paintings and Sculpture, Boston Art Club, 1902, no. 27, as Hunter and Dog--Northwoods.
- Catalogue of a Summer Loan Exhibition of Oil Paintings, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh, 1908, no. 44.
- Eighty-Third Annual Exhibition, National Academy of Design, New York, 1908, no. 89.
- Twelfth Annual Exhibition, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh, 1908, no. 139.
- Loan Exhibition of Paintings by Winslow Homer, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1911, 15-16, 52, no. 12.
- Life in America [A Special Loan Exhibition of Paintings Held During the Period of the New York World's Fair], The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1939, no. 230, repro.
- Exhibition of Paintings from the Stephen C. Clark Collection, The Century Association, New York, 1946, no cat.
- A Loan Exhibition of Winslow Homer, Wildenstein & Company, New York, 1947, 34, no. 29.
- Winslow Homer: A Retrospective Exhibition, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1958-1959, 120, no. 60.
- A Retrospective Exhibition: Winslow Homer, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1959, 97, no. 56.
- Winslow Homer in New York State, Storm King Art Center, Mountainville, New York, 1963, 10, 28, no. 12.
- The Triumph of Realism: An Exhibition of European and American Realist Paintings, 1850-1910, The Brooklyn Museum; Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond; California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, 1967-1968, 79, no. 78.
- La Pintura de Los Estados Unidos de Museos de la Ciudad de Washington, Museo del Palacio de Bellas Artes, Mexico City, 1980-1981, no. 25, color repro.
- New Horizons: American Painting, 1840-1910, State Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow; State Russian Museum, Leningrad; State Art Museum of Belorussia, Minsk; State Museum of Russian Art, Kiev, 1987-1988, 128, 142, no. 59 (organized by SITES).
- Winslow Homer, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1995-1996, no. 179, repro.
- Winslow Homer: Masterworks from the Adirondacks, Fenimore Art Museum, New York State Historical Association, Cooperstown, 2004, fig. 14.
- Winslow Homer in the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2005-2006, unnumbered brochure.
- The Clark Brothers Collect: Impressionist and Early Modern Paintings, Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Williamstown; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 2006-2007, no. 187, fig. 131.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|