Thomas Eakins (artist)|
American, 1844 - 1916
Baby at Play, 1876
oil on canvas
overall: 81.9 x 122.8 cm (32 1/4 x 48 3/8 in.) framed: 106.7 x 147.3 cm (42 x 58 in.)
John Hay Whitney Collection
Not on View
Object 3 of 8
- American Painting, M. H. de Young Memorial Museum, San Francisco Palace of the Legion of Honor, 1935, no. 100, repro.
- Thomas Eakins 1844-1916: A Retrospective Exhibition of His Paintings, The Baltimore Museum of Art, 1936-1937, no. 1, as Child Playing.
- Exhibition of Paintings by Thomas Eakins, Kleemann Galleries, New York, 1939, no. 17.
- A Loan Exhibition of the Works of Thomas Eakins 1844-1944 Commemorating the Centennial of His Birth, Wilmington Society of the Fine Arts, Delaware, October 1944, no. 12, repro.
- A Loan Exhibition of the Works of Thomas Eakins 1844-1944 Commemorating the Centennial of His Birth, M. Knoedler and Co., New York, June-July 1944, no. 12.
- 19th and 20th Century European and American Art, Des Moines Art Center, Iowa, June-July 1948, no. 34.
- Romantic America, Columbus Gallery of Fine Arts, Ohio, October-November 1948, no. 11, as Child with the Blocks.
- Homer, Eakins, Ryder, Inness and Their French Contemporaries: A Loan Exhibition of Famous Paintings from Foremost American Museums and Collectors, Fort Worth Art Association, Texas, 1949, no. 21, repro.
- Pictures Collected by Yale Alumni, Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, 1956, no. 67.
- The John Hay Whitney Collection, Tate Gallery, London, 1960-1961, no. 26.
- Thomas Eakins: A Retrospective Exhibition, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; The Art Institute of Chicago; Philadelphia Museum of Art, 1961-1962, no. 22.
- Thomas Eakins Retrospective Exhibition, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 1970, no. 25, repro.
- Thomas Eakins: Artist of Philadelphia, Philadelphia Museum of Art; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1982, no. 7.
- The John Hay Whitney Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1983, no. 69, repro.
- A Proud Heritage: Two Centuries of American Art [inaugural exhibition], Terra Museum of American Art, Chicago, 1987, not in cat.
- Thomas Eakins (1844-1916) and the Heart of American Life, National Portrait Gallery, London, 1993-1994, no. 14, repro.
- Gifts to the Nation from Mr. and Mrs. John Hay Whitney, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1998-1999, no cat.
- Thomas Eakins: American Realist, Philadelphia Museum of Art; Musée d'Orsay, Paris; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 2001-2002, pl. 18.
- Young America: Childhood in 19th-Century Art and Culture, Iris & B. Gerald Cantor Center for Visual Arts, Stanford; Smithsonian Am. Art Mus., Washington, D.C.; Portland (Maine) Mus. of Art, 2006-2007, not in cat. (shown only in Washington and Portland)
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|