James McNeill Whistler (artist)|
American, 1834 - 1903
Mother of Pearl and Silver: The Andalusian, 1888(?)-1900
oil on canvas
overall: 191.5 x 89.8 cm (75 3/8 x 35 3/8 in.) framed: 212.4 x 109.9 cm (83 5/8 x 43 1/4 in.)
Harris Whittemore Collection
Object 7 of 7
- Fine Arts Exhibit of the United States of America, Exposition Universelle, Paris, 1900, no. 103, as Mother-of-Pearl and Silver--The Andalusian.
- 24th Annual Exhibition, Society of American Artists, New York, 1902, no. 21, as L'Andalousienne.
- 71st Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1902, no. 49, as The Andalusian.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler: Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels, & Drawings, Copley Society of Boston, Copley Hall, Boston, 1904, no. 46, as L'Andalusienne.
- Oeuvres de James McNeill Whistler, Palais de l'École des Beaux-Arts, Paris, 1905, no. 25, as L'Andalouse.
- Paintings in Oil and Pastel by James McNeill Whistler, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1910, no. 33, as L'Andalusienne: Mother of Pearl and Silver.
- A Century of Progress Exhibition of Paintings and Sculpture, Art Institute of Chicago, 1934, no. 417, repro., as L'Andalouse, Mother of Pearl and Silver.
- Oils, Water-colors, Drawings and Prints by James McNeill Whistler, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1934, no. 5, as L'Andalusienne.
- American Painting from 1860 until Today, The Cleveland Museum of Art, 1937, no. 208, repro., as L'Andalusienne.
- Exhibition of Paintings, The Tuttle House, Naugatuck, Connecticut, 1938, no. 37.
- Survey of American Painting, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh, 1940, no. 138, as L'Andalusienne.
- Paintings from the Whittemore Collection, Mattatuck Historical Society, Waterbury, Connecticut, 1941, no. [ ].
- La Pintura de Los Estados Unidos de Museos de la Ciudad de Washington, Museo del Palacio de Bellas Artes, Mexico City, 1980-1981, no. 19, color repro.
- James McNeill Whistler, Tate Gallery, London; Musée d'Orsay, Paris; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1994-1995, no. 196, repro.
- James McNeill Whistler, Walter Richard Sickert, Sala de Exposiciones de la Fundación "la Caixa", Madrid; Museo de Bellas Artes de Bilbao, 1998, no. 16, repro. (shown only in Madrid).
- Paris 1900: 'The American School' at the Universal Exposition, 4 venues, shown only at 2nd and 3rd, Museum of American Art of the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia; Columbus Museum of Art, 1999-2001, no. 27, repro.
- The Edwardians: Secrets and Desires, National Gallery of Australia, Canberra; Art Gallery of South Australia, Adelaide, 2004, no. 144, repro.
|«||back to gallery|