James McNeill Whistler (artist)|
American, 1834 - 1903
Grey and Silver: Chelsea Wharf, c. 1864/1868
oil on canvas
overall: 61 x 46 cm (24 x 18 1/8 in.)
Object 6 of 7
- Possibly 11th Exhibition, Society of French Artists, Descamps Gallery, London, 1875, no. 80, as Chelsea Reach--Harmony in Grey.
- Nocturnes, Marines, and Chevalet Pieces, Boussod, Valladon & Cie, Goupil Gallery, London, 1892, no. 35, as Grey and Silver, Chelsea Wharf.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of the International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, London, 1905, no. 69.
- James McNeil Whistler (1834-1903), Nationalgalerie, Staatliche Museen, Berlin, 1969, no. 26.
- The Color of Mood: American Tonalism 1880-1910, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, 1972, no. 46.
- London and the Thames: Paintings of Three Centuries, National Maritime Museum for the Department of Environment, Somerset House, Greenwich, 1977, no. 68, repro.
- James McNeill Whistler, Tate Gallery, London; Musée d'Orsay, Paris; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1994-1995, no. 38, repro., as Grey and Silver: Chelsea Wharf.
- Whistler and Russia, State Tretiakov Gallery, Moscow, 2006-2007, no. 4, repro.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|