John Singer Sargent (artist)|
American, 1856 - 1925
Nonchaloir (Repose), 1911
oil on canvas
overall: 63.8 x 76.2 cm (25 1/8 x 30 in.) framed: 86.7 x 99.4 x 10.2 cm (34 1/8 x 39 1/8 x 4 in.)
Gift of Curt H. Reisinger
Object 4 of 7
- Forty-Fifth Exhibition of Modern Pictures by the New English Art Club, Galleries of the Royal Society of British Artists, London, Summer 1911, no. 184.
- Fourth Exhibition of Oil Paintings by Contemporary Artists, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1912-1913, no. 31.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the Late John Singer Sargent, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1925, no. 107, as Nonchaloire (Mme. Michel).
- Memorial Exhibition of the Work of John Singer Sargent, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1926, no. 53, as Nonchaloire--Madame Michel, repro.
- Opening Exhibition of the Sargent Gallery, National Gallery, Millbank (now Tate Britain), London, 1926, unnumbered catalogue.
- Masterpieces of Art. European & American Paintings 1500-1900, New York World's Fair, 1940, no. 307.
- A Centennial Exhibition, Sargent's Boston, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1956, no. 43, color repro., as "Nonchaloire" (Rose Marie Ormond).
- French, American, and Italian Review, Oklahoma Art Center, Oklahoma City, 1963, no. 47, as Repose.
- The Private World of John Singer Sargent, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Cleveland Museum of Art; Worcester Art Museum; Munson-Williams-Proctor Institute, Utica, New York, 1964-1965, no. 86, as Nonchaloire.
- Americans at Home and Abroad 1870-1920 [A Loan Exhibition for the Benefit of The American Association of Museums], Meredith Long and Company, Houston, 1971, no. 32, as Repose.
- John Singer Sargent, Tate Britain, London; National Gallery of Art, Washington; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1998-1999, no. 146, as Nonchaloir (Repose).
- John Singer Sargent, Seattle Art Museum, 2000-2001, not in cat.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|