Childe Hassam (artist)|
American, 1859 - 1935
Allies Day, May 1917, 1917
oil on canvas
overall: 92.7 x 76.8 cm (36 1/2 x 30 1/4 in.) framed: 110.8 x 94.3 x 6.4 cm (43 5/8 x 37 1/8 x 2 1/2 in.)
Gift of Ethelyn McKinney in memory of her brother, Glenn Ford McKinney
Object 3 of 7
- Ninety-third Annual Exhibition, National Academy of Design, New York, 1918, no. 282.
- Exhibition of a Retrospective Group of Paintings Representative of the Life Work of Childe Hassam, N.A., The Buffalo Fine Arts Academy, Albright Art Gallery, 1929, no. 109, as St. Thomas' Avenue of the Allies, 1917.
- Paintings and Watercolors by Childe Hassam, Milch Galleries, New York, 1943, no. 9.
- Extended loan for use by The White House, Washington, D.C., 1945.
- Extended loan for use by Blair House, Washington, D.C., 1952-1953.
- Extended loan for use by The White House, Washington, D.C., 1953-1964.
- About New York, Night and Day 1915-1965, The Gallery of Modern Art, New York, 1965, unnumbered, p. 17.
- National Gallery Loan Exhibition, Mint Museum of Art, Charlotte, North Carolina, 1967, no. 17.
- French Impressionists Influence American Artists, Lowe Art Museum, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, 1971, no. 63.
- What is American in American Art, M. Knoedler and Co. [benefit exhibition for the Museum of American Folk Art], New York, 1971, no. 99.
- American Impressionist Painting, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Whitney Musuem of American Art, New York; Cincinnati Art Museum; The North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, 1973-1974, no. 35.
- The American Flag in the Art of Our Country, Allentown Art Museum, Pennsylvania, 1976, repro. 43.
- The Ten, Art Museum of South Texas, Corpus Christi, 1977, repro. 31.
- The Flag Paintings of Childe Hassam, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Los Angeles County Museum of Art; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth; IBM Gallery of Science and Art, New York, 1988-1989, no. 8 (cat. by Ilene Fort).
- American Impressionism: Masterworks from Public and Private Collections in the United States, Villa Favorita, Lugano-Castagnola, Switzerland, 1990, no. 24 (cat. by William Gerdts).
- American Impression and Realism: The Painting of Modern Life, 1885-1915, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; Amon Carter Museum, Fort Worth; The Denver Art Museum; Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1994-1995, no. 31, fig. 178.
- Rave Reviews: American Art and Its Critics, 1826-1925, National Academy of Design, New York; Gilcrease Museum, Tulsa; Indianapolis Museum of Art, 2000-2001, no. 67, repro. (shown only in New York).
- Childe Hassam, American Impressionist, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 2004, unnumbered catalogue, fig. 232.
- Americans in Paris 1860-1900, The National Gallery, London; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Boston; The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 2006 - 2007, no. 94.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|