John Henry Twachtman (artist)|
American, 1853 - 1902
Winter Harmony, c. 1890/1900
oil on canvas
overall: 65.4 x 81.1 cm (25 3/4 x 31 15/16 in.) framed: 85.1 x 100 x 5.7 cm (33 1/2 x 39 3/8 x 2 1/4 in.)
Gift of the Avalon Foundation
Object 7 of 7
- Possibly Wunderlich Gallery, New York, 1891.
- John Henry Twatchman: A Retrospective Exhibition, Cincinnati Art Museum, 1966, no. 69.
- Spirit of Romanticism [Springfield Art Festival], Drury College Art Gallery, Springfield, Missouri, 1968, no cat.
- In Memoriam, Ailsa Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1969, unnumbered checklist.
- French Impressionists Influence American Artists, Lowe Art Museum, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida, 1971, no. 178.
- Wilderness, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1971, no. 162 (organized by the National Endowment for the Arts).
- American Impressionism, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; Cincinnati Art Museum; North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, 1973-1974, no. 65.
- Turn-of-the-Century America: Paintings, Graphics, Photographs, 1890-1910, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York; St. Louis Art Museum; Seattle Art Museum; Oakland Museum, 1977-1978, no. 77, repro.
- The Snow Show, Everson Museum of Art, Syracuse, New York, 1980, no. 97.
- John Twachtman: Connecticut Landscapes, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford, Connecticut, 1989-1990, no. 1.
- American Impressionism: Masterworks from Public and Private Collections in the United States, Fondazione Thyssen-Bornemisza, Villa Favorita, Lugano, Switzerland, 1990, no. 28.
- New Worlds from Old: 19th Century Australian & American Landscapes, National Gallery of Australia, Canberra; National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne; Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford; Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1998-1999, no. 100, repro.
- John Henry Twachtman: An American Impressionist, Cincinnati Art Museum; Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia; High Museum of Art, Atlanta, 2000, no. 49, repro. (shown only in Atlanta).
- Expanding Horizons: American and Canadian Painting and Photography: 1860-1918, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts; Vancouver Art Gallery,, 2009-2010, no 25, repro.
|«||back to gallery|