Paul Cézanne (painter)|
French, 1839 - 1906
Boy in a Red Waistcoat, 1888-1890
oil on canvas
overall: 89.5 x 72.4 cm (35 1/4 x 28 1/2 in.)
Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art
Object 3 of 6
- Exposition Cezanne, Bernheim-Jeune, Paris, January 1910, no. 25.
- XII Esposizione Internazionale d'Arte della Città di Venezia, Venice, 1920, no. 9
- Exhibition of Masters of French 19th Century Painting, New Burlington Galleries, London, 1936, no. 94
- Figure Pieces, M. Knoedler & Co., New York, 1937, no. 17, repro.
- Masterworks of Five Centuries, Golden Gate International Exposition, San Francisco, 1939, no. 1, repro.
- Masterpieces of Art. European & American Paintings 1500-1900, New York World's Fair, 1940, no. 347, repro.
- French Painting from David to Toulouse-Lautrec, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1941, no. 8
- Loan Exhibition of Paintings by Cezanne, Paul Rosenberg & Co., New York, 1942, no. 18, repro.
- The Child Through Four Centuries, Wildenstein, 1945, no. 34, repro.
- Loan Exhibition of Cezanne for the Benefit of the New York Infirmary, Wildenstein, New York, 1947, no. 53, repro.
- "What They Said" - Postscript to Art Criticism, for the Benefit of the Museumof ModernArt on its 20th Anniversary. Durand-Ruel Gallery, New York, 1949, no. 10.
- De David à Toulouse-Lautrec, Musée de l'Orangerie, Paris, 1955, no. 3, repro.
- French Paintings from the Collections of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon and Mrs. Mellon Bruce, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1966, no. 70, repro.
- Cezanne. An Exhibition in Honor of the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Phillips Collection, The Phillips Collection, Washington; The Art Institute of Chicago; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, no.24, repro.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, 236-237, color repro.
- An Enduring Legacy: Masterpieces from the Collection of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Mellon, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1999-2000, no cat.
- Cézanne: Aufbruch in die Moderne [Cézanne: The Dawn of Modern Art], Museum Folkwang, Essen, 2004-2005, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Cezanne to Picasso: Ambroise Vollard, Patron of the Avant Garde, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; The Art Institute of Chicago; Musée d'Orsay, Paris, 2006-2007, no. 38, repro.
- Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; The National Art Center, Tokyo; Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art, 2011, no. 10, repro.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|