Paul Gauguin (artist)|
French, 1848 - 1903
oil on wood
overall: 79.2 x 51.3 cm (31 3/16 x 20 3/16 in.)
Chester Dale Collection
Object 2 of 8
- Paul Gauguin Exposition d'Oeuvres inconnues, Galerie Barbazanges, Paris, 1919, no. 1, repro.
- Exposition Rétrospective de P. Gauguin, Galerie L. Dru, Paris, no. 11
- Post Impressionism, Lefevre Gallery, London, October/November 1923, no. 24.
- Exhibition of Modern French Paintings, Water Colors and Drawings, C.W. Kraushaar Art Galleries, New York, no. 7
- Loan Exhibition of Modern French Art from the Chester Dale Collection for the Benefit of the French Hospital of New York, Wildenstein Galleries, 1928, no. 10
- French Art Since Eighteen Hundred, The Cleveland Museum of Art, 1929, unnumbered checklist published in Museum Bulletin, no. 9 (November 1929), repro.
- Exhibition of French Painting, Pennsylvania Museum of Art, Philadelphia, 1937, no cat.
- Great Portraits from Impressionism to Modernism, Wildenstein & Co., New York, 1938, no. 15
- Seven Centuries of Painting, California Palace of the Legion of Honor and The M.H. de Young Memorial Museum, San Francisco, 1939-1940, no. Y-120
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Post-Impressionism: Cross-Currents in European and American Painting 1880-1906, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1980, no. 50, repro.
- The Art of Paul Gauguin, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; The Art Institute of Chicago; Grand Palais, Paris, 1988-1989, no. 92, repro. (shown only in Washington).
- Art Nouveau, 1890-1914, Victoria and Albert Museum, London; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum, 2000-2001, no. 121 (shown only in Washington).
- From Impressionism to Modernism: The Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, January 2010-January 2012, unnumbered catalogue, repro. (through February 2011 only).
- Gauguin: Maker of Myth, Tate, London; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2010-2011, no. 11, repro. (shown only in Washington).
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|