Auguste Renoir (artist)|
French, 1841 - 1919
Oarsmen at Chatou, 1879
oil on canvas
overall: 81.2 x 100.2 cm (31 15/16 x 39 7/16 in.) framed: 104.1 x 123.5 x 9.5 cm (41 x 48 5/8 x 3 3/4 in.)
Gift of Sam A. Lewisohn
Object 5 of 8
- Possibly 7me Exposition des Artistes Independants [Seventh Impressionist Exhibition], Paris, 1882, no. 151, as Canotiers
- Renoir, Moderne Galerie Heinrich Thannhauser, Munich, 1912, no. 5
- Tableaux par Renoir, Durand-Ruel et Cie., Paris, 27 April - 15 May 1912, no. 27
- Views on the Seine by Monet, Pissarro, Renoir, Sisley, Durand Ruel, New York, 1937, no. 3., repro.
- VII Ausstellung, Cassirer, Berlin, 1912
- International Exhibition of Paintings, The Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh, 29 April - 30 June 1930, no. 281.
- Exhibition of Works by Pierre -August Renoir (1941-1919), Ernest Brown & Phillips, The Leicester Galleries, London, 1925, as Canotiers.
- Loan Exhibition of Paintings from Memling, Holbein, and Titian to Renoir and Picasso, Reinhardt Galleries, New York, 1928, no. 21
- Exposition Renoir, Musée de l'Orangerie, Paris, 1933, no. 10, repro.
- Landscape Paintings, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1934, no. 55, repro.
- Renoir: A Special Exhibition of His Paintings, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1937, no. 24, repro.
- "Views on the Seine" by Monet, Pissarro, Renoir, Sisley, Durand-Ruel Galleries, New York, 1937, no. 3
- Masterpieces of Art. European & American Paintings 1500-1900, New York World's Fair, 1940, no. 329.
- Loan Exhibition in Honor of Royal Cortissoz and his 50 Years of Criticism in the New York Herald Tribune, M. Knoedler and Co., New York, 1941, no. 24
- Renoir Centennial Loan Exhibition 1841-1941 for the Benefit of the Free French Relief Committee, Duveen Galleries, 1941, no. 31, repro.
- Paintings from New York Private Collections, Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1946, no. cat.
- Loan Exhibition of Renoir for the Benefit of the New York Infantry, Wildenstein and Co., New York, 1950, no. 29, repro.
- The Lewisohn Collection: A Catalogue ... before the dispersal of bequests to various museums and galleries, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1951, no. 68
- A Day in the Country: Impressionism and the French Landscape, Los Angeles County Museum of Art; Art Institute of Chicago; Grand Palais, Paris, 1984-1985
- Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, Washington, State Hermitage Museum, Leningrad; State Pushkin Museum of Fine Arts, Moscow, 1986, no. 31, repro.
- Impressionists on the Seine: A Celebration of Renoir's "Luncheon of the Boating Party", The Phillips Collection, Washington, D.C., 1996-1997, pl. 56, repro.
- Renoir: From Outsider to Old Master 1870-1892, Bridgestone Museum of Art, Tokyo; Nagoya City Art Museum, 2001, no. 15, repro.
- Renoir o Pintor Da Vida, Museu de Arte de Sao Paulo, 2002, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Renoir Landscapes 1865-1883, The National Gallery, London; National Gallery of Canada, Ottawa; Philadelphia Museum of Art, 2007-2008, no. 50, repro., as Rowers at Chatou (shown only in London and Ottawa).
- Impressionism on the Seine, Musée des impressionnismes Giverny, 2010, no. 31, repro.
- Impressionist and Post-Impressionist Masterpieces from the National Gallery of Art, The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; The National Art Center, Tokyo; Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art, 2011, no. 44, repro.
- Impressionists on the Water, Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco, Legion of Honor Museum; Peabody Essex Museum, Salem, 2013-2014, pl. 122.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|