Mary Cassatt (artist)|
American, 1844 - 1926
Woman with a Fan, c. 1878/1879
oil on canvas
overall: 85.5 x 65.1 cm (33 11/16 x 25 5/8 in.) framed: 108.6 x 88.9 cm (42 3/4 x 35 in.)
Chester Dale Collection
Object 2 of 10
- Possibly Le 4me Exposition de Peinture [Fourth Impressionist Exhibition], Paris, 1879, no. 48 as Étude de femme avec éventail.
- Exposition Mary Cassatt, Galeries Durand-Ruel, Paris, 1893, no. 10, as Femme à l'éventail.
- Exposition of Paintings, Pastels and Etchings by Miss Mary Cassatt, Durand-Ruel Galleries, New York, 1895, no. 2, as Femme à l'Eventail.
- Eighth Annual Exhibition of American Art, Cincinnati Art Museum, 1901, no. 1, repro., as Femme à l'Eventail: Woman with Fan.
- Paintings and Pastels by Mary Cassatt, Durand-Ruel Galleries, New York, 1903, no. 2, as Femme a l'éventail.
- 102nd Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1907, no. 127, as Femme a l'eventail.
- Pictures by Mary Cassatt, St. Botolph Club, Boston, 1909.
- Special Exhibition of Paintings by the Masters of the Modern French School, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1911, no. 10, as Femme à l'éventail.
- Fifth Exhibition. Oil Paintings by Contemporary American Artists, Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1914-1915, no. 77, as Woman With a Fan.
- Exhibition of Paintings by Six American Women Painters, Carnegie Institute, Pittsburgh; Cleveland Museum of Art; Cincinnati Art Museum; Kansas City Art Institute; City Art Museum, St. Louis, 1917-1918, no. 2, as Woman with Fan.
- Exhibition of Paintings and Pastels by Mary Cassatt, Durand-Ruel Galleries, New York, 1924, no. 2, as Femme à l'éventail.
- A Memorial Collection of the Works of Mary Cassatt, Art Institute of Chicago, 1926-1927, no. 35, repro., as Woman with a Fan.
- Exhibition of Paintings and Pastels by Mary Cassatt (1847-1926), Durand-Ruel Galleries, New York, October-November 1926, no. 13, as Femme à l'éventail.
- Twentieth Annual Exhibition of Selected Paintings by American Artists, Buffalo Fine Arts Academy, Albright Art Gallery, April-June 1926, no. 21, as Woman With a Fan.
- The Chester Dale Bequest, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1965, unnumbered checklist.
- Mary Cassatt: Modern Woman, The Art Institute of Chicago; Museum of Fine Arts, Boston; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1998-1999, no. 9, as Portrait of a Lady (shown only in Washington).
- From Impressionism to Modernism: The Chester Dale Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, January 2010-January 2012, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|