Jean-Louis Lemoyne (artist)|
French, 1666 - 1755
A Companion of Diana, 1724
overall: 182.5 x 76.5 x 57.8 cm (71 7/8 x 30 1/8 x 22 3/4 in.)
Object 3 of 8
Château de la Muette, near Paris, until the late 19th century; sold to (Wildenstein & Co., Inc., Paris, New York, and London); Rodolphe Kann [d. 1905], Paris; (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 20 November 1908 to Peter A.B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
 The owner of the château when the sculpture was sold to Wildenstein was the comte de Franqueville. The early provenance is given in Marc Furcy-Raynaud, ed., Inventaire des sculptures exécutées au XVIIIe siècle pour la direction des batiments du roi, Paris, 1927: 179.
 According to Widener card file in NGA curatorial records.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|