Deruta 16th Century (ceramist)|
Large dish with border of floral scrollwork and cornucopias; in the center, profile bust of "Faustina", c. 1510/1535
tin-glazed earthenware (maiolica)
overall (diameter): 41.2 cm (16 1/4 in.)
Not on View
Object 15 of 25
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1877.
- Sixteenth-Century Italian Maiolica; Selections from the Arthur M. Sackler Collection and the National Gallery of Art's Widener Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1982-1983, no. 14, color repro. on cover.
- The Moon & the Stars: Afterlife of a Roman Empress, Mount Holyoke College Art Museum, South Hadley, Massachusetts, 1999, no. 13, repro.
- Virtue and Beauty: Leonardo's Ginevra de' Benci and Renaissance Portraits of Women, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2001-2002, not in cat.
- La Ceramica Umbra al Tempo di Perugino [Ceramics in Umbria in the time of Perugino], Museo Regionale della Ceramica di Deruta, 2004, no. 21, repro.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|