Urbino district 16th Century (ceramist)|
Broad-rimmed bowl with border of urns and cherubs' heads; in the center, device of a bird standing on a bundle with the inscription VINCENZO, 1529
tin-glazed earthenware (maiolica)
overall (diameter): 24.1 cm (9 1/2 in.)
Object 24 of 25
Maurice Kann, Paris; (Duveen Brothers), 1908, as part of the Kann collection; purchased February 1910 by Peter A. B. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from the Estate of Peter A. B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, 1942.
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|