Florentine 15th or 16th Century, probably after a model by Andrea del Verrocchio and Orsino Benintendi|
Florentine 15th Century (sculptor)
Florentine 16th Century (sculptor)
Andrea del Verrocchio (artist after)
Florentine, 1435 - 1488
Orsino Benintendi (artist after)
Florentine, 1440 - c. 1498
Lorenzo de' Medici, 1478/1521
overall: 65.8 x 59.1 x 32.7 cm (25 7/8 x 23 1/4 x 12 7/8 in.)
Samuel H. Kress Collection
Not on View
Object 8 of 8
- Works of Ancient and Mediaeval Art, The House of the Society of Arts, London, 1850, no. 617, as Attributed to Michelangelo.
- Special Exhibition of Works of Art of the Mediaeval, Renaissance, and more recent periods, South Kensington Museum, London, 1862-1864, no. 1, as Florentine 15th Century.
- Recent Additions to the Kress Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no. A-146.
- Verrocchio's David Restored: A Renaissance Bronze from the National Museum of the Bargello, Florence, National Museum of the Bargello, Florence; High Museum of Art, Atlanta; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2004, not in catalogue (shown only in Washington).
- Nello splendore mediceo: Papa Leone X e Firenze, Museo delle Cappelle Mediceee e Casa Buonarroti, Florence, 2013, no. 8, repro.
|«||back to gallery|