Workshop of Andrea del Verrocchio|
Florentine 15th Century (sculptor)
Andrea del Verrocchio (related artist)
Florentine, 1435 - 1488
Alexander the Great, c. 1483/1485
overall: 55.9 x 36.7 cm (22 x 14 7/16 in.) framed: 88.9 x 71.8 x 8.6 cm (35 x 28 1/4 x 3 3/8 in.)
Gift of Therese K. Straus
Object 6 of 8
- Italian Sculpture, 1250-1500, Detroit Institute of Arts, 1938, no. 54.
- Alexander the Great: History and Legend in Art, Archeological Museum of Thessaloniki, Greece, 1980.
- The Search for Alexander, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Art Inst. of Chicago; Mus. of Fine Arts, Boston; California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco; New Orleans Mus. of Art, 1980-1982, no. 21 in Supplement II to cat.
- Heroic Armor of the Italian Renaissance: Filippo Negroli and his Contemporaries, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, 1998-1999, no. 10, repro.
- Renaissance Florence: The Art of the 1470s, The National Gallery, London, 1999-2000, no. 61, repro., pp. 256, 274, 278, 282.
- Verrocchio's David Restored: A Renaissance Bronze from the National Museum of the Bargello, Florence, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2004, fig. 12 (p. 71), not shown at two earlier venues in Florence and Atlanta.
- Leonardo da Vinci and the Art of Sculpture, High Museum of Art, Atlanta; The J.Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles, 2009-2010, repro. pl. 19 (shown only in Atlanta).
|«||back to gallery||»||continue tour|