lower left of adoration scene in monogram: FF F; lower right of on painted frame in monogram: HDB[?]
Stuttgart Museum. (dealer, Lake District, England); purchased early 1930s by Helen B. [Mrs. Thomas] Lillie; by inheritance to her daughter, Helen M. Lillie Marwick [Mrs. Charles S. Marwick, 1915-2003], Washington, D.C.; bequest 2003 to NGA.
- Wheelock, Arthur K., Jr. Flemish Paintings of the Seventeenth Century. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2005: 108-111, color repro.