Admission is always free Directions

Open today: 11:00 to 6:00

Inscription

obverse: *ECCE*AGNVS*DEI* / QVI*TOLIT*PECCATA*MONDI / E DAT*VITA ETERNAM; across bottom reverse: ARCHA[N] GELVS / MORRO NVS (Arcangelo Morroni, evidently the first owner); lower right reverse in ink: XV.16 / d

Provenance

Evidently Arcangelo Morroni, at unknown date in 16th century.[1] Acquired in Budapest or possibly Vienna by the 1920s by Dr. Antal [1879-1962] and Mrs. Clarissza Geber, Budapest; gift 1946 to their son, Anthony Geber, Chevy Chase, Maryland; by inheritance to his daughters, Dr. Antonia Geber, Chevy Chase, Maryland, Clair Catherine Geber, and Monica Anne Geber; gift 1998 to NGA.