No overview available.
by later hand, along left edge of mount verso in red ink: R/L 18; by later hand, along left edge of mount verso in black ink: MC 092-23
Marks and Labels
Alphonse Kann (sale, Galerie George Petit, Paris, 6-8 December 1920, no. 6, as Boucher). Professor Hans Robert Hahnloser [1899-1974], Bern (sale, Christie's, London, 17 July 1972, no. 6, as Deshays); private collection (sale, Sotheby-Parke Bernet, London, 8 November 1978, no. 6, as F. Boucher); private collection, Washington (sale, Christie's, New York, 10 January 1990, no. 121); (Galerie Cailleux, Paris) (sale, Christie's, New York, 28 January 1999, no. 136); NGA purchase (via David Tunick, Inc., New York) in 1999.
- Die hauptwerke der Sammlung Hahnloser, Kunstmuseum, Lucerne, 1940, no. 28, as Boucher.
- Exhibition of Old Master Drawings/ Kate de Rothschild exhibiting at Alan Jacobs Gallery, London, 1984, no. 21.
- Renaissance to Revolution: French Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, 1500-1800. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2009, 164-165, 285, no. 71 (color).
- The Baroque Genius of Giovanni Benedetto Castiglione, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D. C., 2012 (no cat.).
- Bancel, André. Jean-Baptiste Deshays, 1729-1765. Paris, 2008: 137, no. P.85 (color repro. p. 47).