No overview available.
lower right below plate mark in graphite: Jacques Villon; lower center in plate: Jacques Villon / 02; by later hand, lower left verso in graphite: [?]18; by later hand, lower right verso in graphite: KG10624
Marks and Labels
Lucien Goldschmidt, New York, as of 1970; Marjorie Kovler, Chicago; Elaine Briede, Chicago; (Christies, New York, 3 May 1999, no. 84, via David Tunick); purchased 1999 by NGA.
- Jacques Villon, A Collection of Graphic Work: 1896-1913 in Rare or Unique Impressions, Lucien Goldschmidt, Inc., New York, 1970.
- Art for the Nation: Collecting for a New Century, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2000-2001.
- The Unfinished Print, National Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2001, proof 7, p. 78.
- "The Unfinished Print", The Frick Collection, New York; Städelsches Kunstinstitut Frankfurt am Main, 2004-2005.
- Auberty, Jacqueline and Charles Pérussaux. Jacques Villon: Catalogue de son oeuvre gravé. Paris: Paul Prouté, 1950.
- Ginestet, Colette de and Catherine Pouillon. Jacques Villon: les estampes et les illustrations: catalogue raisonne. Paris: Arts et Metiers Graphiques, 1979.
- Robison, Andrew. "Jacques Villon, Five Unique Artist's Proofs of La Parisienne" National Gallery of Art Bulletin 22 (1999): 16.
- Brodie, Judith. "The Metamorphosis of Jacques Villon's 'La Parisienne'." In Peter Parshall et. al. The Unfinished Print. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2001: 71-82.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection