The artist [1834-1917], Paris; bequest to his heirs; reportedly given to the Hébrard family, Paris, by Jeanne Fevre; Nelly Hébrard [1904-1985], Paris, by 1955; (M. Knoedler & Company, Inc., New York), by 1956; sold 1958 to Paul Mellon, Upperville, Virginia; bequest 1999 to NGA.
- Possibly Edgar Degas 1834-1917: Original Wax Sculptures, M. Knoedler & Company, Inc., New York, 1955, not in cat.
- Art for the Nation: Gifts in Honor of the 50th Anniversary of the National Gallery of Art, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1991, unnumbered catalogue, repro.
- Pingeot, Anne. Degas Sculptures. Paris, 1991: no. 74.
- Campbell, Sara. "A Catalogue of Degas' Bronzes." Apollo 142 (August 1995): 10-48, 48, fig. 72.
- Lindsay, Suzanne Glover, Daphne S. Barbour, and Shelley G. Sturman. Edgar Degas Sculpture. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 2010: no. 57, 322-327, color repro.