No overview available.
by the artist, lower left in rock: CMellan inven. et scul. cum pr. R.; by the artist, center in banner: IPSE ENIM EST PAX NOSTRA OVI FECIT VTRAQVE VNVM Eph. Cap. 2; by the artist, center on tablet: AVDI / ISRAEL / Diliges Dominum / Deum tuum / ex toto corde tuo / er in tota anima tua et / in tota mente tua.; by later hand, lower left verso in graphite: Agos 6210 / A -1528-; by later hand lower right berso in graphite: 27 / DTHHCCIB 204
Marks and Labels
F. Gawet, Vienna, 1826 (Lugt 1069). Johann Sigmund Bermann, Vienna, 1834 (Lugt 235). (sale, Galerie Bassenge, Berlin, 24 November 2000, no. 5171) (via David Tunick, New York); purchased 2000 by NGA.
- Six Centuries of Prints and Drawings: Recent Acquisitions, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2004 - 2005
- The Brilliant Line: Following the Early Modern Engraver, 1480 - 1650, Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence; Mary adn Leigh Block Museum of Art, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, 2009 - 2010, cat. by Emily J. Peters.
- Montaiglon, Anatole de. Catalogue raisonne de l'oeuvre de Claude Mellan d'Abbeville. Abbeville: P.Briex, 1856.
- Preaud, Maxime. Inventaire du fonds francais; graveurs du XVIIe siecle: Claude Mellan. Vol. 17. Paris: Bibliotheque Nationale, 1988.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection