Marks and Labels
Possibly in a German private collection in the nineteenth century. (Robert Langton Douglas [1864-1951], London), in the early 1900s; sold to Dan Fellows Platt [1873-1938], Englewood, New Jersey in March 1913; sold March 1939 by the Trustees of the Platt Estate to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1943 to NGA.
- Loan Exhibition of Italian Primitive Paintings, Fogg Museum of Art, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1915, unnumbered checklist.
- Frederick Mason Perkins, "Alcuni dipinti senesi sconoscuti o inediti," Rassegna d'Arte 13, no. 8 (December 1913): 195-197, repro.
- Edgell, G. H. "The Loan Exhibitiion of Italian Paintings in the Fogg Museum, Cambridge." Art and Archaeology II, no. 1 (July 1915):13.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 179, as by Sassetta.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 250, repro. 184, as by Sassetta.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Samuel H. Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1959: 38, repro., as by Sassetta.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 121
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XIII-XV Century. London, 1966: 143-144, fig. 385.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 108, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 318, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:415-416, II:pl. 297, as by Sassetta.
- Sutton, Denys. "Robert Langton Douglas. Part III." Apollo 109 (June 1979): 463  fig. 34, 469 .
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 367, repro.
- Boskovits, Miklós, and David Alan Brown, et al. Italian Paintings of the Fifteenth Century. The Systematic Catalogue of the National Gallery of Art. Washington, D.C., 2003: 622-627, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection