No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Commissioned c. 1522 by Gerolamo Rabia for either the Casa Rabia, Milan, or his country house, La Pelucca, near Monza. Michele Cavaleri, Milan; sold 1873 to Enrico (Henri) Cernuschi [1821-1896], Paris and Menton, until at least 1895. (Charles Sedelmeyer, Paris), by 1897. Rodolphe Kann [d. 1905], Paris, by 1900; his estate; sold 1907 to (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); sold 1942 to the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1943 to NGA.
- Recent Additions to the Kress Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1946, no. 721.
- Frankfurter, Alfred M. "Luini Frescos That Bring the Renaissance to Life." Art News34, no. 12 (21 December 1940):8.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 105, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 79
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 69, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Paintings from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: Italian Schools, XV-XVI Century. London, 1968: 141-142, fig. 340.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 204, repro.
- Shapley, Fern Rusk. Catalogue of the Italian Paintings. 2 vols. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1979: I:285-288, II:pl. 197
- Walker, John. National Gallery of Art, Washington. Rev. ed. New York, 1984: 195, no. 224, color repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1985: 237, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection