Princess Beatrice of Spain [1884-1966]; purchased by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., New York) possibly through King Manuel of Portugal [1889-1932]; acquired 1940 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1943 to NGA.
- Eighteenth Loan Exhibition of Old Masters: Italian Gothic and Early Renaissance Sculptures [cover title: Italian Sculpture 1250-1500], Detroit Institute of Arts, 1938, no. 66, repro.
- Preliminary Catalogue of Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1941: 233, no. A-48, as Bust of the Young Christ.
- Book of Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 254, repro. 234, as Bust of the Young Christ.
- Duveen Brothers, Inc. Duveen Sculpture in Public Collections of America: A Catalog Raisonné with illustrations of Italian Renaissance Sculptures by the Great Masters which have passed through the House of Duveen. New York, 1944: figs. 175-177.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Kress Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1945 (reprinted 1947, 1949): 189, repro.
- Middeldorf, Ulrich. Sculptures from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: European Schools XIV-XIX Century. London, 1976: 41.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 198, repro.