No overview available.
Marks and Labels
De Nolivos collection; (his sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 19-20 January 1866, no. 44); Eugene Piot [1812-1890], Paris; (his sale, Hôtel Drouot, Paris, 23 April 1870, no. 7); Gustave Dreyfus [1837-1914], Paris; his estate; purchased 1930 with the entire Dreyfus collection by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London, New York, and Paris); purchased 1941 by the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, New York; gift 1943 to NGA.
- Sculpture and Medals of the Renaissance from the Dreyfus Collection, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1932, as by Andrea del Verrocchio.
- Eighteenth Loan Exhibition of Old Masters: Italian Gothic and Early Renaissance Sculptures [cover title: Italian Sculpture 1250-1500], Detroit Institute of Arts, 1938, no. 69, repro.
- Vitry, Paul. "La collection de M. Gustave Dreyfus: I. - La Sculpture." Les Arts 72 (December 1907): repro. 18, 24.
- Duveen Brothers, Inc. Duveen Sculpture in Public Collections of America: A Catalog Raisonné with illustrations of Italian Renaissance Sculptures by the Great Masters which have passed through the House of Duveen. New York, 1944: figs. 136-138, as David, Conqueror of Goliath, by Andrea del Verrocchio.
- Middeldorf, Ulrich. Sculptures from the Samuel H. Kress Collection: European Schools XIV-XIX Century. London, 1976: 42.
- _Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 148, repro.
- _Verrocchio's David Restored. A Renaissance Bronze from the National Museum of the Bargello, Florence. Exh. cat. National Museum of the Bargello, Florence; High Museum of Art, Atlanta; National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. Atlanta and Florence, 2003: 47-48, fig. 19.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection