No overview available.
lower right: John 1921
Marks and Labels
Commissioned by the sitter, Joseph E. Widener [1871/1872-1943], Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
- Augustus John in American Collections, Scott and Fowles, New York, 1949, unnumbered, repro.
- Augustus John, The Buffalo Fine Arts Academy, Albright Art Gallery, 1949, unnumbered.
- Exhibition of Paintings and Drawings by Augustus John, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1968, no. 2.
- Rothenstein, John. Augustus John. London and New York, 1944: 23, no. 51, repro.
- Birnbaum, Martin. The Last Romantic: The Story of More Than a Half-Century in the World of Art. New York, 1960: 173-174.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 71.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 62, repro.
- European Paintings: An Illustrated Summary Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1975: 182, repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection