No overview available.
upper right: John S. Sargent 1902
Marks and Labels
The sitter; inheritance from Estate of Peter A. B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
- Seventy-second Annual Exhibition, Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, 1903, no. 26.
- McKibbin, David. Sargent's Boston. Exh. cat. Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 1956: 131.
- Mount, Charles Merrill. John Singer Sargent: A Biography. Rev. ed. (originally published 1955). New York, 1969: 456.
- American Paintings and Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1970: 96, repro.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1980: 220, repro.
- Williams 1981, repro. 145, 146.
- Kopper, Philip. America's National Gallery of Art: A Gift to the Nation. New York, 1991: 190, 192, color repros.
- American Paintings: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1992: 332, repro.
- Torchia, Robert Wilson, with Deborah Chotner and Ellen G. Miles. American Paintings of the Nineteenth Century, Part II. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1998: 117-120, color repro.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection