Overview

No overview available.

Inscription

on tablet on base: MCC.LXI / BRVNACCINVS. RINALDI.DE / BRVNELLESCHIS. FLOR. REIPVB. PREAF / IN. LVC ESES. FX. CLARO. OTHONV / IPATORV. ET. SAXOIAE. DVCV. GENERE. ORTVS. / DVX. GHIBELLINORV. ROCCIAE. AC. VILLAEPETRAIAE / COES. EX. NIPOZANI. VOLOGNANI . Q. DOMIIS. PRAECIAR / AE. BRVACCIORV. FAILIAE. AGOME. PRESTAS. PATRIT. ET. C. / FIOR. NVC. CODITVS. SAXO. IACETOAE. CERIS. FIE. POTITVS. SVO

Marks and Labels

null

Provenance

Beurdeley collection, Florence, in 1865.[1] acquired 1878 in Florence by A. Gérôme. (Lowengard, Paris); sold 15 May 1908 to Peter A.B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania;[2] inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.

Exhibition History
Bibliography
1942
Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 8.
1994
Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 87, repro.
Technical Summary