Boy Collection, Paris. Purchased before 1915 by Peter A.B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
- A Collector's Cabinet, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1998, not in cat. (shown only last two months of exhibition).
- Baldinucci, Filippo (ed.). Notizie die professori del disegno.... Florence, 1846: 568, 583.
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 8, as by Giovanni Bologna.
- Duveen Brothers, Inc. Duveen Sculpture in Public Collections of America: A Catalog Raisonné with illustrations of Italian Renaissance Sculptures by the Great Masters which have passed through the House of Duveen. New York, 1944: fig. 218, as by Giovanni Bologna.
- Paintings and Sculpture from the Widener Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1948 (reprinted 1959): 152, repro., as by Giovanni Bologna.
- National Gallery of Art. Paintings and Sculpture from the Widener Collection. Reprint. Washington, DC, 1959: 152, repro.
- Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 157, as by Giovanni Bologna.
- European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 139, repro., as by Giovanni Bologna.
- Avery, Charles and Anthony Radcliffe, eds. Giambologna 1529-1608, Sculptor to the Medici. Exh. cat. Royal Scottish Museum, Edinburgh; Victoria & Albert Museum, London; Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna, 1978-1979: 125.
- Penny, Nicholas. Catalogue of European Sculpture in the Ashmolean Museum: 1540 to the Present Day 3 vols. Oxford, 1992: I (Italian):53-54.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 31, repro.
- Ambrosio, Luisa and Fernanda Capobianco (eds.). la Collezione Farnese di Capodimonte: I bronzetti. Naples, 1995: 25.
- Beatrice Paolozzi Strozzi and Dimitrios Zikos, eds. Giambologna. Gli dei, gli eroi. Genesi e fortuna di uno stile europeo nella scultura. Exh. cat. Museo Nazionale del Bargello, 2006: 180.