William Mayor, London, died 1874(Lugt 2799). Baron Adalbert von Lanna [1836-1909], Prague. J.P. Heseltine, London [d.1929] (Lugt 1507). Paul Hermann von Schwabach [1867-1938], Berlin. Captain Norman Robert Colville [1893-1974]. Dr. and Mrs. Francis Springwell, Keswick, England. (their sale, Sotheby's London, 28 June 1962, no. 10); Hans Calmann [1899-1982], Somerset. John Goelet. (sale, Sotheby's New York, 17 November 1986, no. 6); Peter Jay Sharp; (Artemis, New York); Private collector.
- Drawings by Old Masters, Royal Academy, London, 1953, no. 24.
- Drawings by Old Masters from the Collection of Dr. and Mrs. Francis Springell, P, and D. Colnaghi and The Hatton Gallery, London and Newcastle upon Tyne, 1959, no. 17.
- European Master Drawings from the Collection of Peter Jay Sharp. National Academy of Design, New York, 1994, no. 20.
- Private Treasures: Four Centuries of European Master Drawings, The Morgan Library and Museum, New York, and National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2007
- Drawn to Excellence: Renaissance to Romantic Drawings from a Private Collection. Smith College Museum of Art, Northampton, MA, and Herbert F. Johnson Museum, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, no. 1 (not reprod.).
- Mayor, W. A Brief Chronological Description of a Collection of Original Drawings and Sketches by the Most Celebrated Masters. London, 1875: no. 32.
- Gruyer, Gustav. Fra Bartolommeo della Porta et Mariotto Albertinelli. Paris, 1886: 101.
- Berenson, Bernard. Drawings of the Florentine Painters. Chicago, 1938: 2:no. 427a.
- Borgo, Ludovico. The Works of Mariotto Albertinelli. New York, 1976: p 307.
- Fischer, Chris. Disegni di Fra Bartolommeo e della sua scuola. Florence, 1986: under no. 30.