Overview

No overview available.

Inscription

Marks and Labels

null

Provenance

(Lowengard, Paris); sold 23 August 1905 to Peter A.B. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania;[1] inheritance from Estate of Peter A.B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.

Exhibition History
Bibliography
1915
Sirén, Osvalt. "Some sculptures from Verrocchio's workshop." Art in America 3, n. 2 (February 1915): 60-61, fig. 6.
1928
Valentiner, Wilhelm R. "The Italian Renaissance Sculptures of the Widener Collection." Art News 26, no. 28 (14 April 1928): 16, pl. 7.
1930
Westheim, Paul, ed. "Achtung, Falschkunst! Fälscher und Kenner." Das Kunstblatt 14 (July 1930): 196, repro.
1942
Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 9.
1948
Paintings and Sculpture from the Widener Collection. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1948 (reprinted 1959): 122, repro.
1965
Summary Catalogue of European Paintings and Sculpture. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1965: 173.
1968
European Paintings and Sculpture, Illustrations. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1968: 153, repro.
1994
Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 233, repro.
Technical Summary