Oscar Hainauer [d. 1894], Berlin; his wife, Julie Hainauer, Berlin; acquired 1906 by (Duveen Brothers, Inc., London and New York); by exchange 21 October 1920 to Joseph E. Widener, Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; gift 1942 to NGA.
- Raphael and the Ruins of Rome: The Poetic Dimension, Krannert Art Museum, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 1983-1984, unnumbered catalogue.
- Renaissance and Baroque Bronzes, Milwaukee Museum of Art, 1989, brochure no. 4.
- A Cabinet of One Hundred & Thirty-Three Bronze Plaques and Medals of the Renaissance Period from the Collection of the Late Herr Oscar Hainauer of Berlin. Ed. Duveen Brothers. London, n.d. (but 1908): no. 6, repro.
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 15.
- Sculpture: An Illustrated Catalogue. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1994: 166, repro.