by artist, lower right on the grill in pen and brown ink: I. P.; by later hand, lower left in pen and brown ink: di Palma Giovane; by later hand, upper right verso in graphite: Giacomo Palma
(W. R. Jeudwine, London, by 1962); Joseph F. McCrindle [1923-2008], New York, 1962; bequest to NGA, 2008.
- Old Master Drawings from the Collection of Joseph F. McCrindle. The Art Museum, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, 1991, no. 20 (cat. by Frederick A. den Broeder).
- The McCrindle Gift: A Distinguished Collection of Drawings and Watercolors. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2012, 44-45, no. 11 (entry by Carolina Mangone).
- The Poetry of Light - La poesia della luce: Venetian Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, Museo Correr, Venice, Venice, 2014 - 2015, no. 41.
- Den Broeder, Frederick A. Old Master Drawings from the Collection of Joseph F. McCrindle. Exh. cat. The Art Museum, Princeton University and elsewhere. Princeton, 1991: 58-59.
- Grasselli, Margaret M., and Arthur K. Wheelock, Jr., eds. The McCrindle Gift: A Distinguished Collection of Drawings and Watercolors. Exh. cat. National Gallery of Art. Washington, 2012: 44-45.