No overview available.
upper right in red: GEO D[E?] F BRUSH / 1887
Marks and Labels
Probably purchased 1887 from the artist by Thomas B. Clarke [1848-1931], New York; (his sale, Chickering Hall, New York, 14-18 February 1899, 4th day, no. 315); E.N. Lawrence. Mrs. John Burling Lawrence, at least in 1933. Ann and Thomas Barwick, Seattle; gift (partial and promised) 2005 to NGA.
- 9th Annual Exhibition, Society of American Artists, New York, 1887, no. 19.
- Annual Exhibition of American Paintings & Sculpture, Art Institute of Chicago, 1888, no. 132.
- Exhibition of Pictures by American Painters, Union League Club, New York, 1908, no. 2, as Aztec Sculptor.
- Exhibition of Paintings and Drawings by George de Forest Brush, American Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, 1933, no. 38.
- George de Forest Brush: The Indian Paintings, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; Seattle Art Museum, 2008-2009, no. 11, repro.