No overview available.
upper right in brown ink: f; by later hand, lower right verso in graphite: D 29616
Marks and Labels
Eugène Rodrigues, Paris (b. 1853). Private collection; (Salamander Fine Arts); purchased 2006 by NGA.
- Exhibition of Old Master Drawings. P. & D. Colnaghi & Co. Ltd. London, 1967, no. 1, pl. 1.
- Renaissance to Revolution: French Drawings from the National Gallery of Art, 1500-1800. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2009, 18-19, no. 1 (color).
- Hannema, D. Catalogue of the H.E. ten Cate Collection. Rotterdam, 1955: no. 219a, pl. 88 (as French School, c. 1500)
- Kren, Thomas, ed. Renaissance Painting in Manuscripts: Treasures from the British Library. Exh. cat. J. Paul Getty Museum, Malibu; Pierpont Morgan Library, New York; and British Library, London. New York, 1983, under no. 23.
- Backhouse, Janet. "The Tilliot Hours: Comparisons and Relationships." British Library Journal 13, no. 2, 1987: 225-228.
- Avril, François and Nicole Reynaud. Les manuscrits à peintures en France 1440-1520. Paris (1993): 308
- Backhouse, Janet. "Poyet, Jean or Jehan." In The Dictionary of Art. Edited by Jane Turner. 34 vols. New York and London, 1996: 25:405.
- Wieck, Roger S., William M. Voelkle, and K. Michelle Hearne. The Hours of Henry VIII: A Renaissance Masterpiece by Jean Poyet. New York, 2000: 33, 192, fig. 25.
- Hofmann, Mara. Jean Poyet: Das Gesamtwerk. Turnhout, 2004: 43-44, 285, pl. 133.
- Stein, Perrin. "French Drawings, Washington," The Burlington Magazine 102 (January 2010): 66-67.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection