lower right in plate: Engraved by I [J.] Hill; lower center in plate: NEW YORK FROM HEIGHTS NEAR BROOKLYN. / To Thomas Dixon Esq.r this Plate is respectfully Inscribed by his Obliged Serv.t Will.m G. Wall. / Painted and Published by Will.m G. Wall New York 1823.
Daniel J. Catlin, Jr., New Canaan, CT; gift to NGA, 2006.
- Medieval to Modern: Recent Acquisitions of Drawings, Prints, and Illustrated Books, National Gallery of Art, Washington, 2008, no. 83.
- Stauffer 615.
- American Historical Prints, c.1820-23, Stokes, E-92.
- Koke, Richard J. A Checklist of the American Engravings of John Hill (1770-1850), Master of Aquatint: Together with a List of Prints Colored by Him and a List of His Extant Original Drawings. New York: New York Historical Society, 1961, p. 44, no. 96.
- Deák, Gloria-Gilda. Picturing America. Princeton, 1988: no. 335.
- Stokes, I. N. Phelps. The Iconography of Manhattan Island, 1498-1909, vol. III, pp.557-579, plate 92.