Lower right, brown ink: Steffanino della Bella; on verso of mount at lower center in brown ink: Stefano Della Bella/born at Florence in 1610 Died at Ditto in 1662/aged 54; above that in graphite: No. 10 + 1; and at lower right: 288.
Sir Bruce Ingram, Chesham (1877 - 1963) (Lugt 1405a). Carl Winter. Mrs. Don Forrest. (sale, Sotheby's London, 5 December 1977, no. 10). (Hazlitt, Gooden & Fox, London); Wolfgang Ratjen, Munich; purchased 2007 by NGA.
- Exhibition of 17th Century Italian Drawings. Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge, 1959, no. 3 (not reproduced).
- Italian 17th Century Drawings from British Private Collections, The Merchant's Hall, Edinburgh, 1972, no. 107.
- Italian Drawings. Hazlitt, Gooden & Fox, London and New York, 1991-1992, no. 16.
- Fünfzig italienische Zeichnungen des 16. - 18. Jahrhunderts aus der Stiftung Ratjen, Vaduz, Liechtensteinischen Staatlichen Kunstsammlung, Vaduz, 1995, no. 23.
- Italian Drawings from the Ratjen Foundation, Vaduz. The Frick Collection, New York. Bern, 1996, no. 23.
- Italian Master Drawings from the Wolfgang Ratjen Collection, 1525-1835, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2011, no. 31.
- Holloway, James. Review of "Italian Seventeenth-Century Drawings from British Private Collections." The Burlington Magazine 114, no. 835 (October 1972): 730, fig. 110.