No overview available.
lower right: Marin 52
Marks and Labels
The artist's daughter-in-law, Norma B. Marin; (Meredith Ward Fine Art, New York); purchased 2006 by Deborah and Ed Shein, Providence; gift 2009 to NGA.
- John Marin Exhibition, Downtown Gallery, New York, 1952-1953.
- John Marin, The Philadelphia Art Alliance, 1954, no. 44.
- John Marin, Art Galleries of the University of California, Los Angeles, 1955-1956, no. 36.
- John Marin, Arts Council Gallery, London, 1956, no. 29.
- John Marin, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1970, no. 154.
- Marin in Oil, The Parris Art Museum, Southampton, New York, 1987, no. 53.
- John Marin, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 1990, no. 250.
- John Marin: The Painted Frame, Richard York Gallery, New York, 2000, no. 34.
- John Marin: The Late Oils, Adelson Galleries, New York, 2008, no. 12.
- American Modernism: The Shein Collection, National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C., 2010-2011, no. 12, repro.
- John Marin: Modernism at Midcentury, Portland (Maine) Museum of Art; Amon Carter Museum of American Art, Fort Worth; Addison Gallery of American Art, Andover, 2011-2012, unnumbered catalogue, pl. 57.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection