No overview available.
Marks and Labels
Circular label with "15" in pen; serrated circular label with "D17" in pen; 19th century rectangular label printed with "50"; Kann collection labels 19, 189
Maurice Kann, Paris; (Duveen Brothers), 1908, as part of the Kann collection; purchased February 1910 by Peter A. B. Widener, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania; inheritance from the Estate of Peter A. B. Widener by gift through power of appointment of Joseph E. Widener, Elkins Park, 1942.
- Inventory of the Objects d'Art at Lynnewood Hall, Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, The Estate of the Late P.A.B. Widener. Philadelphia, 1935: 57-58, as Gubbio, under Deruta influence, c. 1510.
- Works of Art from the Widener Collection. Foreword by David Finley and John Walker. National Gallery of Art, Washington, 1942: 12, as Gubbio, Deruta influence, about 1510.
- Distelberger, Rudolf, Alison Luchs, Philippe Verdier, and Timonthy H. Wilson. Western Decorative Arts, Part I: Medieval, Renaissance, and Historicizing Styles including Metalwork, Enamels, and Ceramics. The Collections of the National Gallery of Art Systematic Catalogue. Washington, D.C., 1993: 159-160, repro. 159.
Earthenware, covered front and back, except beneath the foot ring, with a whitish tin glaze. The painting is outlined in blue but mainly executed in red and golden-brown lusters. There are three kiln-support marks on the sides of the well. The glaze is scratched and cracked, and the outer and inner edges of the rim are chipped and worn. Substantial chips in the rim between three and five o'clock have been filled and overpainted.
Work of Art
Work of Art
- Event Name
- March 1–June 1
- Mon, Tues, and Wed at 1:00
- March 5, 2012 at 2:00
March 7, 2012 at 4:00
- East Building, Auditorium
- Name of docent
- 60 minutes
- Registration for this event begins on April 1, 2012 at noon.
- Download the program notes (100k)
- Italian Collection